Cheap gas users in Coventry might be pleased to hear that a fire which broke out at a gas supply centre did not take any lives.
According to the Coventry Telegraph, DGM Autogas Calor Gas sales centre in Hillfields burnt down in the early hours of Friday (January 21st).
Residents in the nearby area were evacuated from their homes because of the risk of dozens of gas canisters exploding.
Leigh Richards, watch commander of Radford fire station, told the newspaper: "It was a particularly intense fire with flames reaching 15ft in that area.
"The first floor flat was also affected and the residents were evacuated. However, fire crews did exceptionally well to douse the fire quickly, preventing the fire from spreading further and escalating.
"Luckily none of the canisters caught fire. It could have been a big disaster," he added.
Meanwhile, energy minister Charles Hendry is to investigate claims that energy suppliers profited from this winter's freezing conditions by inflating the price of heating oil.
If you want to find out more about your energy options and how you could save up to £468 in minutes, click here.