Central Heating Insurance guideWant to find out more about landlords insurance? energyhelpline.com will help you research the major policies and discover which plan is best for you. We’ll even help you apply online. Our service is completely impartial and free to use.
If you are a landlord, you can find a home emergency insurance package especially for you.
Home emergency policies are designed to insure the landlord against certain problems with plumbing and drainage, electricity supply, doors or windows, and heating system. You need to be aware that any problems with the heating system will generally only be covered during the winter months, when they are deemed an emergency.
With landlords insurance, you can enjoy peace of mind as unexpected emergency repair bills will be settled for you. In the event of a problem, the tenant calls the emergency helpline, and not the landlord. The insurer then will help arrange professional tradespeople, so you’ll never have to worry about rogue or expensive contractors.
• What does landlords insurance include?
• Apply online for landlords insurance
energyhelpline.com will help you compare a number of landlords insurance policies. You’ll see at a glance what is covered and how much each policy will cost. The emergencies covered by landlords insurance include:
- Failure of the hot water system,
- Loss of keys to the property,
- Plumbing problems caused by leaking pipes or blocked drains,
- Blocked toilet systems,
- Central heating or boiler failure, usually during winter,
- Failure of the Gas or Electricity supply within the property,
- Broken windows or doors etc., presenting a security issue,
- Sudden & unforeseen damage such as a leaking roof caused by storm damage,
- Emergency accommodation cover for the tenant (usually one night only).
When you’ve chosen the landlords insurance that’s best for you, you can apply quickly and easily using our online sign-up forms. You will then receive a confirmation email and the insurance company will inform you when your policy will go live. Generally, it will take a week for your landlords insurance to come into effect.