Cheap gas customers are being urged to take note of the dangers that carbon monoxide leaks can pose to their health.
Energy supplier British Gas is backing Energy UK's awareness campaign Be Alarmed!, which aims to remind householders to have their heating appliances regularly maintained by a professional.
Emissions from a faulty boiler can be fatal if ingested in excessive quantities, but it is difficult to tell if there is a leak because carbon monoxide is odourless, tasteless and invisible.
Steve Giblin, director of health, safety and environment at the energy giant, commented: "Raising awareness of carbon monoxide and highlighting the importance of ensuring appliances are regularly maintained is one of the ways we look after our customers' worlds.
"That's why it's important to remember that when it comes to maintenance, it's better to be safe than sorry and install an audible carbon monoxide alarm."
Homeowners are encouraged to fit an alarm and be aware of the signs of carbon monoxide poisoning.
If you want to find out more about gas and electricity and how you could save up to £468 in minutes, click here.
Share this story with your friends:-