One pensioner may be considering about switching energy suppliers after an apparently dangerous gas leak in her home.
Doncaster resident Hannah Hodgson claimed that a boiler repairman employed by St Leger Homes was responsible for the leak, which was described as "immediately dangerous" by engineers, the Doncaster Free Press reported.
The 83-year-old believes the contractor is to blame for the leak, which occurred following a routing check on her boiler.
Malcolm Hodgson, the pensioner's son, explained that there hadn't been a problem with the boiler before the repairman came to check it.
"Her whole house could have blown up," he told the newspaper.
Energy suppliers Transco were called to the property last Friday (April 9th) after the smell of gas was detected by Ms Hodgson's friends and family.
Elsewhere in Yorkshire, 24-year-old Ryan Thorpe was last month handed an eight month suspended prison sentence after undertaking gas maintenance work at two properties without a Gas Safe certificate.
If you want to find out more about your energy options and how you could save up to £378 in minutes, click here.