A Scottish family was left without a cheap gas supply over Christmas after their energy supplier turned off their power for maintenance reasons.
According to the Press and Journal, Ian and Fionna Michell, along with their two children, have been left to count the cost of damage to their holiday home in Aviemore after the pipes froze up due to lack of gas.
Energy supplier Shell had switched off the family's gas because the wintry weather had prevented the company from making deliveries safely.
Corina Platt, the complaints co-ordinator at Shell, told Mr Mitchell in an email: "The engineer that attended would have no option but to turn the supply off at all the property homes as a matter of safety.
"Unfortunately, unless someone is present at the home when they reconnect the supply, we are not allowed to leave the gas valves open," she explained.
The Mitchells are now chasing Shell to foot the bill for the damage caused to a boiler, three radiators and shower valves.
If you want to find out more about your energy options and how you could save up to £468 in minutes, click here.