'Switch and win over £1000' - terms and conditions
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who complete an energy switch with Energy Helpline between Monday January 18th 00:00 GMT and Monday February 15th 23:59 GMT. Switches outside of this time frame will not be entered.
2. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United Kingdom and is void where prohibited by law. Entrants must be 18+. Employees of Comparison Technologies, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. Energy Helpline is a trading name of Fundraising Innovations LTD, part of the Comparison Technologies LTD group of companies.
3. How to Enter: Anyone completing an energy switch with Energy Helpline between Monday January 18th 00:00 GMT and Monday February 15th 23:59 GMT will automatically be entered into the prize draw. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Comparison Technologies.
4. Prizes: The Winner of the Campaign ‘Switch and you could win over £1000’ will receive a cash prize of £1042 (£1042 represents the current average UK annual energy bill according to Ofgem). Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Comparison Technologies to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
5. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by random drawing under the supervision of Comparison Technologies after Monday February 15th 23:59 GMT. Winner will be notified by email email (or by phone if no email address is provided on your switch application) within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Comparison Technologies shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 10 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all laws and regulations.
7. Terms & Conditions: Comparison Technologies reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Comparison Technologies’ control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Comparison Technologies may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Comparison Technologies. Comparison Technologies reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Comparison Technologies has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Comparison Technologies reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. Limitation of liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Comparison Technologies and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
10. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED KINGDOM, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the United Kingdom having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable solicitor’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
If you wish to make a complaint or raise a dispute please contact our Customer Services Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitting a switch application during the promotional period will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
This Campaign hosted by Comparison Technologies, is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with any of its partners or supplier relationships.